Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Logo

Product: Magic Carpet
















photo credit

My final logo illustration is featured above. It is based on one of my eight original sketches. After discussion with the class, I decided that this logo was the best for my product because it clearly communicates my product, a Magic Carpet, without needing to spell out both words. 


I chose the colors blue, purple, and gold for three reasons. (1) I thought these colors would remind consumers of the magic carpet featured in Aladdin (where the idea of a magic carpet was first introduced to mainstream America). With the idea of the Disney movie in their minds, I would hope consumers would feel fond of the product as a result of their warm, nostalgic feelings concerning the movie. (2) Although purple can be seen as a feminine color, I tried to balance the purple with blue (a masculine color) and gold (a gender neutral color) so the product will be equally attractive to both males and females. Finally, (3) I thought the rich colors (as opposed to black and white, for example) would be more eye-grabbing to a younger audience, my target consumers. Nevertheless, the dark tones allow for the product to appeal to all ages instead of being distinctly child-like. 


I wanted the font for the word "Magic" to be in a swirly, cursive type font. I think this type of font shows more wispy movement, like the movement of a carpet swirling through the air. Finally, simplicity of the logo allows for it to be enlarged or shrunken and still be very recognizable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment