Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Commercial Storyboard

For my commercial, I wanted to have the maximum effect of making my product appealing, while minimizing the amount of difficult animation I would need to do. This is why I chose to use four large scenic pictures for the entire commercial. Using large photos, I can zoom in and pan across the images to make it look like live-action filming of a scene. Furthermore, by showing the audience photographs of distant, exotic places, the commercial appeals to their sense of adventure. I want to portray the product as a great alternative form of transportation. The sight of the magic carpet going through the air and the idea of traveling to new places should be tempting to individuals of all ages.

For the commercial, I plan on using the following images:

















Here is my storyboard that I created using index cards. It simply shows the panning of the multiple scenic shots. It begins with the name of my company, "Magic" over a cloudy, scenic background. The word "Magic" dissolves into dust and the cloudy layer disappears to show the clear sunset. Each photograph fades in and out and the magic carpet is slowly introduced and eventually begins soaring across the screen. In the end, the magic carpet lands on a hill in one of the scenes and the words "Where will you go next?" enter. The commercial will likely end in a freeze frame of this image.


















No comments:

Post a Comment