Sunday, October 9, 2011

Photoshop Collage

My photoshop collage is based on my relationship with my boyfriend David. I am in a long-distance relationship, thus the photographs represent our likes, interests, and experiences and they are combined together to form the shape of a plane. We met in Prague, Czech Republic when I was studying abroad. Now, we are always a plane ride away from each other. Accordingly, traveling has always been a motif of our relationship.
When you look closely you will see many different types of foods and drinks; we are both passionate about trying new things, particularly while traveling. Every object represents a different memory. The lyrics accompanying the plane are from a song called "The First Day of My Life" by Bright Eyes. This is one of the first songs we ever heard together and has now become one of "our" songs. After merging all of the layers of different objects, I lowered the saturation on all of them to make them look more cohesive. I chose a bright orange color for the lyrics because i felt it contrasted nicely against the bright blue of the sky. Finally, I liked the dramatic almost fake look of the blue sky backdrop because it seemed to match the cartoonish nature of the plane. 

No comments:

Post a Comment